Join a new Beginners Jogging Group at the Sports Bowl, Muir of Ord.
From Monday 24th August 2015 at 6:45 pm
- A safe way to enjoy getting fitter
- Part of Jog Scotland – a proven scheme that has had thousands of successes throughout Scotland
- Uses the “Couch to 5K” programme that also helped thousands to fitness
- Improve your health, make friends AND feel great about yourself
- A group of people at your own level – there’s no pressure
- For true beginners – we start jogging for only 30 seconds
- In 10 weeks you’ll take yourself from no ability to a runner
- We don’t use a gym – exercise in pleasant surroundings away from the public gaze
- No need for any fancy gear – just a pair of trainers and comfortable clothes
What is involved?
We follow a walk/run programme, starting with very short bursts of running and gradually building up over the weeks. If you can jog for just 30 seconds you’re ready to start becoming fitter than you thought possible. We aim to make everyone feel comfortable within our groups and our gentle build up will help you go at a pace that suits you.
Your jog leader will give you support, encouragement, and lots of different tips and advice for improving your stamina and increasing your running time. The main aim is to enjoy what you are doing in the fresh air and feel great afterwards!
We’ll also ask you to do extra jogging between the group sessions, to help you build up your stamina. This will involve repeating a similar session to the one you did that week on the course, twice more. You will receive an email reminding you of each week’s session.
What do I wear?
As long as you are comfortable it doesn’t really matter. Layers tend to help you get the temperature right. Don’t rush out and buy new trainers unless you don’t have any, as we will give you advice about where to buy them and what to buy.
Where do we meet?
We meet at the parking area at the Community Pavilion, Muir of Ord (opposite the Bowls Club). The entrance to the Bowls Club is about 250 metres from the Square on the left going towards Beauly. We will run in the recreation ground, well away from the public gaze.
When are the sessions?
The programme lasts ten weeks. We meet each Monday at 6.45pm. When you take up jogging for the first time consistency is key, so we encourage you to come every week.
Starting date: Monday 24th August 2015
At the Community Pavilion, Muir of Ord
Places are limited, so get in touch as soon as possible
Contact Sheila if you are interested
phone: 01463 741382
Ten weeks to feeling great
If you are keen to get fitter but may not have ever run before, or have had a break from running, then this is just the course for you.
If you wish a copy of the above information to give to others, please print the 2 page flier Beginners Group flier